The village and parish of Corston lies four miles west of Bath in Somerset.
It has a recorded history reaching back into the late Saxon period and features in the Domesday Book.
After being largely agricultural for hundreds of years, the village grew in size as a result of coal mining in the immediate area between 1740 and 1850.
With the closures of surface and underground workings, the village returned to a focus on market gardening and farming.
Corston Local History Society was formed in 2017 with the aims of:
- Supporting and encouraging interest in the history and archaeology of the village and Parish of Corston
- Building a permanent and accessible archive and object collection
- Informing future conservation and development decisions